Interested in learning about book collecting? Denver book collecting classes are held at our store through our Printed Page College of Biblio Knowledge. They’re free!
We’ve distilled decades of learning about books and book collecting from other booksellers, collectors, books, magazines and classes and packaged all that knowledge into our information-filled course. Whether you’re a reader, collector or aspiring bookseller, you’ll find a lot of value in our classes.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Book terminology
- How to identify first editions and to understand the differences between states, issues and impressions
- How to identify book club editions
- How to use the variety of bibliographies and why they are indispensable for collectors
- Resources collectors and booksellers use to understand the complexity of books
- The physical characteristics of books and how to protect them
- What goes into conservation and restoration
- What you can and can’t do on your own
- The economics of book collecting
- Where to find books for your collection and how best to buy them, whether through dealers, auctions or online
- How to build a collection
- …plus answers to all of your book-related questions
Upcoming Denver Book Collecting Classes
We have temporarily suspended our classes because of the pandemic, but that doesn’t mean we’re not here to answer your book-related questions. Feel free to call or write anytime. When we can resume our classes safely, we will!